We are coming to y’all live today from
the Colbyville County Fair Cook Off. Now, let’s meet today’s competitioners. Howdy, I’m Succotash Pete
and I came here to win. And ride the bumper cars. That’s my favorite. – I’m Dale.
– I’m Dolores. – And we’re best friends.
– And we’re best friends. – We enjoy scrapbooking,
– We enjoy scrapbooking, – cage fighting and needle point.
– cage fighting and needle point. – We made these sweaters! [laughing] Hi, I’m Suzy Turner. I’ve been cooking since
before I could walk. And this is pretty much
the most important moment of my life. Oh, that’s sad. [laughing] Now, each cooker has prepared three different County Fair favorites. Let’s welcome our judge, Colbyville’s very own… Mayor Mills! [applause] Oh, welcome Mayor! Okay our first round is
a County Fair favorite. Bacon! Show us all your bacon creations. Succotash Pete. I made a baked potato. Then I took this piece of bacon, and I put the bacon on top of the potato. [laughing] [applause] – We made bacon wrapped in other bacon!
– We made bacon wrapped in other bacon! [applause] And I made an actual,
functioning roller coaster, out of bacon. The track is maple-pepper bacon, and then the car is
made of Canadian bacon, and the little tiny people inside the car
are sculpted out of bacon bits. [applause] Okay, Mayor.
Who won the bacon round? Oh, I can’t decide. Let’s just call it a tie! Yes! Really?
You sure? Okay, for our next round,
it’s everybody’s favorite food group. Fried foods. Okay, what you got for us, Succotash Pete? I took a potato. Then I fried it. I made a fried potato. [laughing] [applause] – We took a pickle,
– We took a pickle, – wrapped it in cheese,
– wrapped it in cheese, – shoved it inside a donut,
– shoved it inside a donut, – then fried it. It’s called…
– then fried it. It’s called… – A deep fried pi-do-chickle-nut.
– A deep fried pi-do-chickle-nut. [laughing] [applause] Okay, so I took a pizza, and I covered it in
corn dogs and french fries, then I put an entire
ice cream sundae on top and then I deep fried the whole thing! And here to present it is my grandma, whom I also deep fried. [laughing] [applause] Well, I know it’s difficult but… Can we pick a winner? I’m afraid we can’t.
It’s another tie! Yes! A tie? I deep fried my grandma! Okay, well our final round
will decide the winner. Now the challenge this time
was to make the hottest chili. Succotash Pete. See, I don’t know how to make chili. So I just went ahead
and made a potato. [laughing] [applause] – Our chili’s very hot!
– Our chili’s very hot! – We used hot peppers,
– We used hot peppers, – hot sauce, some hotter peppers,
– hot sauce, some hotter peppers, – and then some hotter sauce!
– and then some hotter sauce! [laughing] Take a little taste. Mmm! Okay, Suzy.
What you got for us? Okay! Nothing is hotter than my chili! I used a thousand insanity peppers, rocket fuel, molten lava from
an active volcano, and actual pieces of the sun! [laughing] Well, I’ll be! It melted my tasting spoon! Oh, uh… That’s right, my chili is so hot
you actually have to use this special fire-proof spoon, it’s made out of
the same materials as the space shuttle. [sizzling] [screaming] Ah! Wow! Well? Suzy… You are the winner. Here is your blue ribbon. Congratulations! Ah, yes I knew it!
Finally! – And you are also the winner.
– I’m sorry, what? – Yes!
– Yes! Succotash Pete, congratulations. And Carly… You’re a winner too! No way!
I never win anything! Everyone’s a winner!