How can I attract tourists from other European
countries? Cross-border tourism within the EU is important
because in 2011, EU residents made 1 billion tourism
trips. 3/4 of Europeans who go abroad, travel to
countries in the European Union. Most EU residents choose a neighbouring or
nearby country for their trips abroad”. Main European Destinations”
1. Spain. 13% (arrivals of EU residents) 2. Italy. 9% (arrivals of EU residents)
2. France. 9% (arrivals of EU residents) Main issuing countries for tourists in the
EU: Germany, UK, France and the Netherlands. Countries with the highest tourist issuing
growth 1. Russia. 14%
2. Switzerland. 7% 2. Norway. 7%
3. Belgium 3% 3. Austria. 3%
3. Sweden. 3% European tourist profile
Method for arranging the trip: -Independently (Internet is often used).
-By organising the trip components separately. Information sources:
-Family and friends. -Internet.
-Own experience. Types of trip:
– Holiday trip. – Business trip.
Motivation of the traveller: – Leisure and relaxation: sun and beach, nature,
city trips and sport. – Spend time with family and friends.
Valued aspects when choosing a destination: European tourism market trends
TRENDS How to attract the cross-border tourism market
from the EU?