Welcome to another episode of Singaporeans Try. In this episode, we are going to do a… 24-hour Jungle Survival Challenge! We’ve got four of our colleagues to do the challenge,
but they know nothing about it. Yet. Shh… – (PD) Hi guys!
– Hi! – Why do you think you are here?
– I have no idea, man. I’m severely unprepared. – We’re going camping!
– I want to see all the animals. No animals! At all. Do you think you’re good at survival challenges? The first tip of survival is not to be in the situation. I think I’m ok with camping,
but if I were to go into survival (mode) like this today… We’ll have to count on luck. Is this some kind of Fear Factor episode? In this episode, we’ll have to try
and survive in the jungle for 24 hours. (Excited noises) The good news is that you’ll be given this bag… – Survival pack?
– … of supplies from the good people of Sample Store. Oh! This is perfect for a one-night thing. – Thank you!
– Wah, Nyonya sauce! The most important is wet tissues. How well do you think you’d do for this challenge? – Aiya, this is not survival. It’ll be fine.
– Just try not to die. 10 out of 10. – (PD) Are you guys ready?
– Yes! Let’s go! Was I supposed to say ‘Let’s go’? Goodbye, city life. – Ah! There’s a mission!
– It says ‘Good luck’. – Ready, everybody?
– Here are the rules. Here are the missions. Number one: Build a basha tent. Number two: Cook your own meals. And lastly… start a campfire together! Yes! Challenge one: Build a basha tent! We have to focus on where
we are going to sleep tonight. Did you hear that?
People are calling for help. Oh, here looks good. – Ok, we’ve found our camping ground.
– Yes. So I believe we are going to build our basha tent. Right now! Ta-da! – Should we shout (back)?
– Oh, my God. They’re saying ‘help’. Should we go? Why? I’m damn scared. I’m trying to camp! And make a difference to my life! Oh, my God. There are some more. None of you shall touch my friends! Oi! – Stay!
– Bye! Go away, go away, go away. To make them more afraid (of you),
you extend your light stand… and they will be scared. We are finally safe. Our uncle (driver) is finally here. Look at Adria. We barely started. Now, we are here at Jelutong campsite. Because… Planet of the Apes happened. We managed to make it out alive. Now, regardless, we have to pitch our basha (tent). – Get to work!
– The sky is not looking nice. – So… is it time for lunch?
– Is it? What the heck? What’s this for? Scissors, paper, stone! – Yeah!
– So that’s it? We are the Triangle. Ai Qing (Love). – Are you guys ready?!
– Yeah! Oh, my God! No, we should use the rock! – Oh, my God!
– Half! Take half! – Oh, my God.
– Yes, let’s spit at each other’s foreheads. Shit, I missed. Is it? Is it there? It bounced off! I’ve got two! Eh! Got! Faster! Faster! – Oh, my God!
– Yes! (PD) 5 seconds! – 1… 2… 3… 4… 5.
– It’s a damn good watermelon. There’s one… around your face. Bonus! Here! That one fell down. – That one’s not counted.
– It fell! It fell! Never mind, we’ll use the nyonya sauce to make it nice. – Oh, yeah!
– From the sample pack. Challenge 3: Cook your own meals! It’s lunchtime and our team won,
so we’re going to get a full chicken. Big chicken… and it says ‘Fresh’. – Chicken feet.
– There are still toenails on it. Ok, I need to check out the sample store kit. – I’m checking it out already.
– Wow, it’s a huge pack. – Oh! Wet wipes!
– Ok, great. Oh, toothpaste! – Darlie All-Shiny White.
– This will be important later. Why? You’d need to coat the bottom of your mess tin with it. I think we should just collab for this meal. I shall cut the chicken’s nails. – Hey, there are antibacterial wipes that we can use.
– Ok, great. Oh, my God, it fell off. Ow! Let’s go! Nyonya sauce! – Nice?
– The Nyonya sauce is on point. – Really? Can I try?
– It’s a little bit sour… shiok. Like assam. – Oh yeah!
– It’s like stingray sauce. – Hey, we did it, fam.
– Yeah. This was so challenging, but we did it. It’s actually super easy to cook, right? With the sauce, you just have to cook your chicken and add it in. This is, by far, the tastiest outdoor meal I’ve ever cooked. – Would you do it again?
– Yes. Of course! I can’t wait for dinner. What’s that? (PD) Hold this. – Is it a fish eyeball?!
– Yuck! That’s so disgusting! I feel like Chris all of a sudden. – You can do it!
– The smell is super fishy. My hands and legs are sweaty. Where is it?! – It went straight through her esophagus…
– In? It went in? In her stomach now! – Really?!
– It’s in your stomach?! – Never mind.
– The strategy is to hold your breath as long as you can. – Your breath is damn smelly.
– Yeah, it’s damn smelly. You can do it! You can do it! What the heck is this?! Ew, what’s all this inside here? What is this?! Kidney? Liver? – This is a boiled chicken heart.
– This is damn disgusting! Oh, my God! Blow! Blow! Blow! Damn disgusting! (Inaudible screaming) – Raw.
– But it didn’t go into your mouth straightaway, right? I tried to resist it. But I realized it was at my side when I saw
that the tube didn’t have anything in it. I was like, oh, damn. – Oh, my God. It’s a freaking raw egg.
– Yuck! – I like (my) side.
– Oh, my God… What’s this?! – Are you ok?
– That’s so gross! I think we should’ve stopped at Round One. What’s the prize? – Ok, we’re going to start prepping for dinner.
– Yup. Where’s the fish? Thank you, John~ Alright, here it says to put 500g of chicken. Do the same thing – the same way we cooked the chicken. Fry the fish, add the curry and add water. – Oop!
– Oh, my God. Oh, my God! Guys, it’s growing. That oil needs to be soaked. Be careful of the splatter. Wow! Now, we are going to have a campfire. John-John has already started because he knows what to do. Oh, my God! It worked. Oh, my God. It worked! Are we ready to initiate this campfire? 1… 2… 3. (Singing) Wow. Amazing. (Sew being super extra) I’ve got splinters on my butt. Wait, where? Here? Is it a splinter? We’re back! So, as you can see – it’s nighttime. Everyone’s feeling a little tired so we just
want to freshen up before we go to sleep. – We can’t bathe!
– Yeah, we can’t. I was thinking of just using the wet wipes to clean myself. – Facial paper.
– They even have a mask. Oh! There’s makeup remover! Makeup remover and facial wash. They also gave us shampoo. Basic necessities that you’d need for traveling. It’s so nice to have them in sample sizes –
you can use them once and throw them away. I’m sleepy and I want to go wash my face. Ok, we are just going to chill out and finish up with our masks… before we turn in and we’ll see you guys tomorrow morning. Goodnight! – Is it time to go home?
– Ow, my butt. – Fantastic.
– Amazing! It’s very unreal for me because I’ve
never camped like this before for leisure. I thought everything was quite manageable… My opinion is biased because I like this kind of things. I don’t know – I think that camping out in the
wilderness made me appreciate things a lot more. I’m quite noob at this kind of camping things
because I’ve never done it before. But I realized that I liked this new experience. Just throw me here and I’ll try to do whatever I need to. Honestly I thought I’d be a bit uncomfortable,
especially because I couldn’t shower. Actually, it’s not too bad…
Just pee when you need it and don’t shower. I realized that I can adapt. As a person who likes camping…
this Sample Store kit they gave us… It’s like campers’ luxury items. The facial wipes and all was just the right size for you to use… and not waste – you don’t have to buy the big bottle or the mini sized ones. Take the makeup remover, for example.
I’ve seen the brand before, and I’ve always wanted to try. Having the sample pack was a good way to try it out. – Yes! 100%.
– Let’s do it again! Thank you Sample Store Singapore for making this video possible. You can sign up for free at Sample Store’s website… and try their F&B, beauty and lifestyle products from over 400 brands! If you liked watching this video, don’t forget to like, share and subscribe. And catch our other videos over there! Bye! It’s a wrap!